Thursday, June 19, 2008

Let’s start from the very beginning… a very fine place to start.

I have been thinking of blogging for nearly a year since my last post. And it’s nearly year since then that I am writing a new post. Ah, procrastination, thou are the enemy I will never learn from.

So a lot has happened since I last penned my thoughts. As the triathlon season came to an end, I started working on ideas for starting a company in India. And pretty much the whole of last year seems like one blur, a roulette of desirable and undesirable events. There are several thoughts that come to mind about my experiences with starting and running ApneTeachers, which I would like to pen down, experiences which I could best explain as those many draft versions of a story a struggling author tries to write. Well, that author’s still struggling while at the corner sits that humble waste paper basket, littered with dreams.

I will attempt to write about those past few months over the duration of several blog posts. In the meantime, let’s shift back to the present. I have returned back to the Bay Area. The company that I started, www.apneteachers.com is still functioning, albeit the business model has changed. We outsource our internet based education platform to Schools and Coaching Classes in India. I have resumed my work at Marvell. And currently am writing at 4:40 am from my hotel room in Amsterdam where I’m part of the Marvell team that is participating in a new wireless standard called NGmS. Again, I’ll write more about that technology later.

The point of this post was to tell folks, but mostly myself, that I’m back. Often the best way to do something is to declare that you are doing it to others. And hope that if nothing else, your ego pulls you by the collar and drags you through the journey that you started. I’m hoping unlike my last blogging attempt, this time round I live up to these words. And I am hoping I can also teach some other folks back home how to start blogging. For unlike life, our thoughts are too valuable to let them wither unwritten….

Welcome back, me!

No comments: